Are you visible or invisible?
When you’re out walking, running or riding, especially at dawn, dusk or when it’s dark out, you need to help drivers see you. For your safety, light it up!
Bright Colors Are Not Bright At Night
Get reflective gear or accessories to help make sure you can be seen.
No White At Night
Myth: White or light colors make you visible at night – watch and learn how wrong this is.
Gear for Your Style
Whether you’re into fashion or function, a minimalist or maximalist, there’s gear for you.
How can you find it?
- Use your favorite search engine and terms like “reflective gear/clothes/vest/accessories/decals/stickers,” “high visibility gear/clothes/vest/accessories/decals/stickers”
- Visit a large retailer’s men’s section – that’s where we found high vis reflective vests and t shirts
- Visit a bike shop or sports store
- In 2015, “not visible” was the 4th highest pedestrian contributing factor in crashes (trailing none, improper crossing and darting)
- In 2015, “not visible” was the 7th highest bicyclist contributing factor in crashes
- Not visible was a factor for almost 4% (of known) of the bicyclists who were hit by motor vehicles