For CPS Technicians Only
Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) Resources
Scroll through the document or click to jump to a subject of interest.
Child Passenger Safety Technician Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct – the certified CPS technician’s code of conduct for the families you serve, the community you serve, as a colleague and as a leader.
- Why CPST – sample reasons for being a CPS technician.
- Flow Chart 2016 – the basic steps to recertify, every two years.
- Personal Recert Log 2016 – use this log to keep track of your progress towards recertification.
- KIDZ IN MOTION 2017 Update Curriculum (Pre-approved for 6.5 CPS CEU’s) – The curriculum on the 2017 Update is designed to be taught to a group of certified technicians, instructors and instructor candidates in a classroom setting. The curriculum provides an overview of the latest child restraints, an overview of the new technology, LATCH, airbag technology, issues with inflatable restraints, a technical study of safety features in vehicles and child restraints and other updated / helpful CPS related information. To schedule a class, contact Kerilee Burton.
- E Tips on CEU’s – where to locate continuing education units online.
Continuing Professional Development/Continuing Education
- Continuing Prof Devel – there is always room for improvement and many ways to approach it.
- CHES credits – Certified Health Education Specialist? Earn CECHs from the CPS Certification Course.
- Recall List – download the list and sign up for email updates.
- AAP Recommendations on Car Seats
- LATCH Manual Updates – click on “LATCH Manual Updates” on the left side to view and sign up for email updates (Safe Ride News)
- LATCH Car Seat Rules – updates to LATCH (from Consumer Reports)
- Inflatable Seat Belt Policies by Manufacturer
- Rear-Facing Recommendations
- CPS Board – links for techs
Utah’s Instructors/Safe Kids Coordinators
CPS Flyers/Fact Sheets
- Local Child Passenger Safety Resources
- National Child Passenger Safety Resources
- Child Restraint Manufacturer Contact List
- Checklist User Guide 2015 – tips for how to use the Safe Kids checklist properly
- Car Seat Installation Checklist – great checklist to refer to families (English and Spanish versions, for car seats and boosters)
- 4StepsFlyer – car seat tips for parents
- NHTSA Recommendations – more car seat tips for parents
- Keeping Kids Safe – A parent’s guide to protecting children in and around cars.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Occupant Protection Training Coordinator
Utah Highway Safety Office